So it's been a WILD ride the last few months! We started out our cross-country trip after packing up our house in February intending to visit lots of friends and family. We got a few weeks into the traveling and my husband's job timing got changed, so we had to make some adjustments. And Garin decided that he was sick and tired of traveling (literally, we drove out to California - for the second time in less than a month - and he was running a 102 fever). It was WAY too much car seat time for him. We realized it was a little much to expect him to survive another 6 weeks of driving and visiting, so I decided to head on out to Hawaii instead of finishing my visits.
I was REALLY bummed about that - I hadn't gotten the chance to visit my dad and my friends Carolynn and Alicia like I planned. =( But if there's one thing you learn about being a parent - it's flexibility!!
So boo-hoo, now I'm in Hawaii! It's been a pretty wild ride. I'm living with my sister and her four children while our men are away, so there's always some excitement! It's REALLY good for both of us though. It's tough enough being alone - I'm so glad we have each other to help and support!
And especially with the biggest news! Garin is getting a little brother or sister sometime in September! We think... I have my first appointment with the doctor tomorrow - I'm REALLY hoping to get into the midwife program here, but it really depends on if they have slots open. Hopefully she'll be able to narrow down my due date a little. Our ultrasound isn't scheduled until June 2nd! I'm so impatient! I'm really excited to find out if we're having a boy or girl! Because I'm ready to start shopping!! lol
So that's pretty much the big update - packed as short as I could make it! I promise next time they'll be more pictures and less words!
Meanwhile, I'll share some pictures of our trip to the beach. I LOVE Hawaii! My little guy is going to look like such a tan little surfer dude by the time we leave!
Yeah, that's right, I built this castle.
This next sequence of pictures is HYSTERICAL!!! At least I think so! =)
Whoa!
That just cracks me up!

My favorite picture!!
Now THAT was fun!Alright, that's it for now! I'm sure I'll have many more pictures in the weeks and months to come!






3 comments:
Yeah Phage! Back in the blog-o-sphere! We've missed you! Post often so I can get my fix! love you and miss you!
Glad to see you are back in the blogging world. It must be hard having your husband be gone but that is great that you can stay with you sister. I am sure that makes it a lot better. Congrats on the new baby. Caleb is getting a new brother or sister in October!
hey phage! glad to see you're up and running again! i'm looking forward to hearing your updates and seeing more pictures.
congratulations on the new little one.
Post a Comment