Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunrise

Despite a very short night's sleep (Brianna didn't go to bed until midnight) I met up with some friends at 545 this morning to drive to Kaneohe Marine Corps Base (on the most eastern point of the island) to take pictures of the sunrise.

I had to take both children with me because Brant is working 12 hour shifts this weekend. =( They both did very well, sitting in the stroller and watching the waves. I brought a bunch of sand toys for Garin to play with, but he was afraid the waves were going to get him. We had gone to Ka'ena Point (the most northwestern part of the island) the week before and walked along the sand. Garin had gotten over his fear of waves enough to walk near the ocean. Unfortunately, the tide was coming in and we got surprised by a large wave, which splashed over Garin as I was grabbing him up. So all of our wave-fear progress was lost. But he seemed content to sit in the stroller with Brianna and watch us take pictures.

















No comments: